Friday, March 21, 2008

Create Custom Graphs Online!

It is a fact that all students learn differently and our teachers should be able to identify how students learn and alter teaching to styles to meet the needs of their unique classroom. However, with 26-30 students in one class, not all teachers are able to meet this goal.
In our modern day, many students have adapted to visual learning, thanks to the variety of technology in their lives-- television, DVDs, video games etc. As a teacher, I tried to integrate visuals across subjects in an attempt to meet the needs of my visual learners. In particular I often used graphs in my classroom. I liked graphs because we could take class votes and make all different types of graphs. In an effort to promote creating graphs as well as reading them, I found a fabulous website where students can enter information and create graphs according to parameters. You can access the site via: http://nces.ed.gov/nceskids/graphing/
This site is great for all educational levels and students can create different types of graphs! It's great for science projects, as well as visuals for reports! Graph On!

No comments: